Saturday, July 13, 2024

Wistfully Pining for Shallow Pragmatists

 Two kinds.

 The kind who cares about the process more than the results. Highly sanctimonious. Comes off as uptight. Pop culture OCD.

 The other kind doesn't even care about the process. Comes off as a drooling moron. "I slapped things down while thinking about how dogs are fuzzy, and it became a mess. How weird. I can tell you exactly what I did wrong, so I'm going to avoid doing anything similar so the mistakes I make next time are brand new." 


 Watched some japanese play a factorio-lite. Was like a different game than what the americoids could manage. Still apologized when their belts weren't perfectly symmetrical - so obvious I noticed without subtitles on. 

 Americoids: "Oh no I lost XD The real victory is the belts we made along the way, right? XD"
 Nihonjin: "I'm sorry, excuse me, this belt's pixel is one off due to a bug, let me remake it on behalf of the developer." (Completely crushing the game, it's not even close.) (Edited video, not unedited unplanned streams.)
 Americoids: "Wait you can pause the game?!? XD"

No comments: