Friday, August 9, 2024

Why You Should Anoint Me Your Pope

 In short if I'm your pope I'll stop being your pope. 

 You probably already have a proto-pope, and I will find him, have both of you explicitly acknowledge the relationship, and hand you off. See also: your king.

 Making the relationship explicit does change the relationship. Especially since you should pay me for my services - I'll only accept physical currency such as gold or bank notes, so that would be exciting.

 I will offer some advice on making the explicit relationship workable. There will likely be bugs and oversights, and I'll hang around to iron those out. Nevertheless, in the end, the point of making me your pope is to make me not-your-pope. 

 Unless you're insane and refuse to admit he's your pope or refuse to treat him as a pope. I can't fix that. 


 Of course realistically revenge is sour. If you could have an explicit leadership hierarchy you would already have one and there would be no need for consultation. It's useless or impossible.

 The point of this post is largely to prove that internetizens refuse to, like, do anything. Passive grazers. Subjects, not actors. Prey.
 Prey do not deserve to have a king.

4 comments:

jondough said...

No lies detected. Your latest long form material is fascinating. Thanks for sharing your work.

Alrenous said...

That's what a [pace-and-lead] manipulator would say. "I'm nice, I'm your friend...oh by the way, can you change this one little thing for me? And then this one other thing? And then..."

Consider what other comment-readers would find useful, and try to provide it. Ideally one of them would also start a blog or whatever, as they would notice they're also able to write the kind of things you like.
What do they need to know about a blog blueprint?

jondough said...

Touché…

Alrenous said...

Incidentally, the correct response is something like: "Blogging is godless communism and we would all be better off with fewer blogs."