Tuesday, February 13, 2024

The Local Worship

 I found a good wording: I worship the process of learning via logic. My devotional ritual is bringing my perceptions into better harmony with Reality. 

 

 Reality wants you to get to know her. My religion is about energetically allowing her to speak, that I might listen. Reality is wise. What she wants is Good. 

 What she wants is for me to be wise too!


 This is why I have such metaphysical inertia. Every time I make my perceptions more real, I make myself more spiritually real. The thing Pratchett says  DEATH has - that's what I have. I believe true things, and as a result in person I have a nearly Xianxia like presence. When I walk into a room you can see and feel my pressure subtly weigh everything else down. Veni, vidi, vici: I conquer via mere proximity.

 Notice that the point of the bragging is to say you can do this too, if you're willing to pay the price. I don't do this sort of thing because I'm special, I'm special because I've done this sort of thing. Although mainly the point of the bragging is that I've never not been by far the heaviest thing in the room, and I'm tired of it. It's normal for me to be substantially heavier than everyone else combined. My physical body is small, because if I were both spiritually and physically huge, it would just be cheating. It's lonely. If one of all y'all could hurry up and stop sucking, that would be great. More on this tomorrow.

 By contrast, the insane and the NPC barely believes any truth at all. They come across as wet tissue paper - I have to be careful to avoid accidentally walking straight through them, metaphysically speaking. I avoid them because both ripping them in half and not ripping them in half is a pain in the neck. They don't even feel alive. Fleshy ghosts.

 

 Notice that I'm not claiming that Truth is the only thing that can give you gravitas. Unfortunately there are many demonic arts which can supply unholy strength. Part of the reason for never encountering a heavy is that, for some mysterious reason, I vigorously avoid devil cultivators. Their clouds of corrupt energy are metaphorically visible for literal miles. It's very very easy to never give them permission to desecrate you.

 However, truth is the only path to immortality. If you can become sufficiently harmonious with Reality, you become transcendental like Reality. Another theory says this has already happened... You never needed to eat a material fruit to know good and evil, nor do you need to eat a material fruit or suffer rescue to achieve eternal life. 

 Most mortals already fucked it up, though. The justice of Existence is not mortal ideas of fairness. It is possible that the Truth is that you're already dead. In this case, bringing yourself into harmony with Reality will cause not eternity, but transcendent deconstruction, even annihilation. On the plus side, it won't hurt. Indeed in this case Death is the progressive cessation of pain.

No comments: