Sunday, February 18, 2024

Free Speech Lies Matter a Little

 If I have to watch what I say, I might as well go outside. There's innumerable local clubs where I can go and watch what I say. 

 I probably got suckered by the idea of free speech. The internet is basically nowhere, so I shouldn't have to respect your local sacred cows, right? I want to relax and say whatever I'm thinking, and if someone's fragile eggshell ego gets shattered, well, too bad for them.
 Unfortunately it's always the moderator's fragile ego that gets wrecked. For some reason this doesn't work out for me... ("Trigger warning: you're dumb." Naturally, the messenger gets shot, as per dumb cargo cultism.)

 Why did it even occur to me that it's possible to speak my mind? I really wasn't paying attention. 


 I wonder if I would feel differently if censorship accrued to lies and blatant falsehoods, instead of censorship powers accruing to the softest baby in the room. Clearly that's wildly impossible under Democratic Man, though... They understand kto, they understand kovo, but anything more sophisticated than two words is beyond them.
 Why would tyrannical man bother to understand more than that? It's clearly working out so well for him...

No comments: