Saturday, April 1, 2023

P-Zombies are Real

I realized I have hard evidence for the physical existence of p-zombies. I personally used to be a p-zombie. I was not conscious when I was two years old. 

 

I remember gaining consciousness. My body was already awake. I was walking around in the garden with my parents. "Whoa, what's going on?" You know how in a dream you know the situation even though you didn't see it yourself? You have semantic memory, but no episodic memory. It was exactly like that. On reflection, I knew the situation, but only as if I'd read it in a book. I wanted to see it for myself - the self who, essentially, was existing for the first time. 

Then a bumblebee startled me. I batted at it by reflex. I kinda knew bumblees didn't sting, but I was afraid of being stung anyway, and then tried to violently push it away, even though this reminded me it was likely to piss off the bee and likely to make it sting me. (This turned into a formative experience.) The stress and chaos disrupted my fragile brand-new consciousness and I blacked out again. I expect my body continued to be awake, though admittedly I wouldn't have observed any evidence of fainting if that occurred.

Later a similar thing happened when a dog snapped at me, and I know I didn't faint because my body ran itself home to mommy. I was conscious again later that day, in particular after she had picked me up and comforted me a little. My body explained the situation to her without my intervention. 


Hard evidence:: I used to be a p-zombie. At first I would sometimes black out and return to being a p-zombie. Hard cut to black rather than fading to black as in going to sleep, but then time passes unconsciously exactly as if asleep, then a hard cut to being awake again.

 

The term [hylic] is a synonym for p-zombie.

No comments: