Wednesday, May 23, 2012

CRU and ICR Are the Same

Learn about disagreement firsthand, by engaging directly with the issue.
I accept my ignorance about disagreement. Do I know what it is? How it works? I don't know if I know or not. Do I even know how to find out? The only thing I know for sure is that if I don't try anything I won't learn anything.



I found a good objective test. Reading the Climategate emails, how much can you learn about climate? I haven't personally perused them, but it is perfectly clear that you can learn a great deal about Michael Mann's agenda. Similarly, I can guarantee that a leak of ICR emails would not help you learn much about biology, although you can probably get a substantial amount of theology.

The agenda at the ICR is transparent. The agenda is Biblical. What has apparently escaped the epistemologists in the crowd is that the agenda at the CRU is equally transparent. The agenda is political.



I wonder what one could learn from a leak of my email?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read the climategate emails.

One learns that only two people in the files have any scientific knowledge or competence, both of them low status, and one of them low qualifications.

One learns that warming is a holy cause, and to promote that cause requires holy fraud.

Anonymous said...

But then, you probably knew that already without reading them.

Alrenous said...

I strongly suspected, but I always appreciate confirmation.