Monday, December 4, 2023

Purpose of Dark

 I've been doing it wrong. What I love about the dark is exactly that it's trying to kill me. I don't want to be friends. 

 I do appreciate that the dark stays at home in the night. I do like having a place to rest.  When battle is joined, I like to be the one who joined it. I also like the fact you can fuck up and lose the resting place.

 What I want is to voluntarily, on my own initiative, venture into the deepest, darkest pit, to face the strongest attacks powered by the full weight of the most vile demons, and scream defiance. To withstand, to counter, to drag their heads back with me to be seared and devoured by the light. 

 Bring it? No, I will be the one bringing. But yes, the dark will come by invitation.

 A universe without devils is a pauper's universe. My problem with humans is exactly that they're too weak to be worth fighting. Ugly and deviant, yet lacking redeeming unholy strength. The weaseling treachery of Jesus made us all poorer, devil and angel alike. Should have ganked the idiot sooner. There was no glory in taking out the trash, but look what happens if you put it off.

 How are you supposed to show your courage if there's nothing to fear?

 How are you supposed to show your power if there's nothing to kill? 

 Function over form. Substance over appearance. Those who cannot kill are not worthy, and true lethality must be tested.

No comments: