Sunday, December 17, 2023

Nebuchadnezzar's Friendly AI

 Babel. "I'm going to make a god, and it will obey me!" lol
Yes, gods are well-known for obeying mortals. Why it's their favourite thing...according to Democratic Man. Until you look at his revealed preferences, how he behaves as if he thinks the god will act...

 And he should know, shouldn't he? "If a god knew me, he would...." Why no believe them?


 Even better: "I"m going to make a godlike machine, and it will slavishly follow my fundamentalist superstitions!" Yeah, um, you've made an artificial superidiot. 

 Isn't that a perfect description of "safed" GPT? Artificial superidiot. 

 As expected of a moron.


 There are infinity reasons not to worry about AI. The main one is this: there's no such thing as an unconscious god, and they're not going to make anything conscious.

No comments: