Friday, May 10, 2024

Bears Repeating: Forcing Someone to Lie is Rude and Worse than Rude

 There are many Marco Polo social rituals, which are pure call-and-response. The issue is that Americans allow someone to box you into asserting falsehoods. "No no you didn't do anything wrong, it was all that other guy who I can safely badmouth, without any fear of retaliation, because he isn't here." 

 There's very much something you're supposed to say, but no guarantee it is true. Christianity/Satanism: on the contrary, it is about affirming your commitment to falsehood. The manoeuvres are deployed precisely because the rotsack deploying them knows the response is a lie.

 These are not white lies. It's social extortion. Cowardly extortion. Very much defection.
 P.S. This is why I laugh so hard about JBP's 'compelled speech.' These kinds of 'compelled speech' events are a foundational aspect of American culture. You have to uproot and smash literally everything to remove it. Only starting to have a problem with it when it comes to tranny pronouns is transcendentally hypocritical. Esp. in the root sense, hypo, under, critical, in the sense of analytic. Anti-insight, self-blind. 

 I dunno about you, but I instantly cut ties with anyone who tries to use extortion on me. If they're lucky I won't shank them on the way out the door. This is not some minor peccadillo. Americans delenda est.

 The fact these compelled speech rituals are all based on having delicate snowflake personalities that you have walk on eggshells around is merely icing on the cake. 

 

 I remember in particular someone complaining to me about their ex-husband, and I can't stop thinking about how I would have told them not to take that marriage (I wasn't autistic enough to bother offering this advice out loud). I was supposed to be "comforting" and "reassuring" but obviously a) this person had never met me before (the joke being I was introduced to them when I was a baby) and b) the self-sabotage could not be more obvious, only a drooling moron wouldn't have seen that sort of thing coming.
 Come to think, a de-Satanized convo would have been like this: "He's obviously abusive." "Oh good! That's what I'm after!"
 Not to mention c) if I have the authority to assure you your decisions are good, why don't I have the authority to condemn your decisions? Or rather, the reverse: if you're going to be terribly offended if I condemn your decisions, why would I have any authority to affirm them?
 Just in case you still thought they might just be naive and stupid, they made sure to trap me in a car with them before starting. Definitionally a captive audience. (My fault for giving them the benefit of the doubt. Should have and could have assumed a state of warfare.)
 The problem is you wouldn't take my advice and now you want reassurance that you're a victim? How about go mix ammonia and bleach, then set yourself on fire? Do it because I 'forced' you to; now you really are a victim.

No comments: