Monday, January 22, 2024

Found the Limits of Free Speech

 Anglin, "most censored writer" Anglin is now censoring my comments. Or possibly one of Ron Unz's flunkies. Comments on Unz are hand-moderated: you can't get anything through once they go home for the evening, and your stuff will appear again in the morning. (They get a lunch hour too, apparently.) I shudder to think what their wages cost.

 Everyone censors. Even 4chan couldn't remain uncensored. Free Speech is not merely a bad idea, it's an impossible and frankly ludicrous myth. Getting censored by Sailer was of course easy mode. Getting censored by Anglin would be hard mode if he wasn't such a fucking Jew, but of course it was pretty easy actually.

 Primarily what "free speech" does is prevent you from writing down what the standards are.
 Secondarily, it necessarily lowers the standards. You have to let waste through to maintain the illusion.

 Was my stuff off-topic? Yup. Absolutely. But wait, what else is off-topic? About what, half the comments? They display barely a tenuous grasp of reality, let alone relevance. If they are relevant, they're still irrelevant, because it's non-actionable wannabe-journalism. "Assuming we conquer the entire world first, we need to..." lol

 I'm not afraid to toot my own horn: almost every Unz comment except mine is pure garbage. If you start having quality standards, my comments are the last to go. 

 However, it turns out the censors aren't nearly as stupid as they pretend to be. ("Nobody could possibly be stupid enough to believe in Free Speech.") They can easily tell the difference between someone trying and failing to be on-topic, and someone flagrantly ignoring the rule and succeeding. Losers; failure >> success. 

 

I do enjoy forcing Free Speech advocates to use censorship.

 

 Speech is property. It must be secured.

 I found a security hole and exploited it, temporarily securing that speech.
 However, of course I could not fully secure it. Ultimately the security hole was closed (perhaps for me specifically; everyone else can still abuse it). Fenced out. I lost the insecure territory.  

 Either I can secure speech or secure proof of censorship. Bonus: finding out where the line is scientifically, to discredit the idea Free Speech is scientific.  


UPDATE: I got a sitewide ban. Dunno yet if it's temporary.
When I realized I was being whimmed by the internal moderators, I called them out. They got tired of having to delete my stream of comments.

I expect the actual-actual reason I was banned was because my anti-Anglin attacks have been so ferocious I noticeably affected Anglin-related ad revenue. Evil is petty and venal. 

Does "Supply and Demand" get banned? Meme-jojo? Toilet Dick? No, these are clowns who accomplish nothing.
You get banned if your speech is working. 



II

I think that today people are so sterilized and conditioned by the "mental health" garbage and cult of normalcy that any man who maintains a sense of mania will be viscerally rejected by most. But he could perhaps be a lower follower guy in a sphere like this though
https://nitter.unixfox.eu/VitruvianSpeed/status/1749473884108103878
I would guess he's correct. 

Ironically, it seems Yeshua knew about this. Or at least one of his ghostwriters.

Matthew 10:22: "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake"

As always, modus tollens. Ah, so if you are not hated by all men, you're not Christian.
Of course, what actually gets you hated by all men is not Christianity, but the Truth. Sweet Veritas, despised universally. Here Matt/Satan is trying to steal Truth's good name, as per the epithet. 

Hmm wait. More importantly, most of the bible is not made up of verses hated by all men. Hence, it must not be christian.
The parts detesting Envy are hated by all men, though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Speech is property. It must be secured."
This might be the single most brilliant thing you've written.

Anonymous said...

Since I read Anglin on his own site and just read some of the other authors on Unz, I didn't see your comments, but I'm interested what your issue with him is.

JBPguy said...

Your comments on Unz tended towards being sane and for the most part respectful - when deserved.

How very interesting that such commentary is censored. Maybe you need to ramp up the unhinged?

Alrenous said...

I really do think it was because my rhetoric was working. If you check you can see Anglin comment section emptying out over time, as I embarrass him and his defenders over and over.

That and the sheer intimidation due to the no-holds-barred style I adopted. I imposed costs on those who want an echo-chamber, which is of course 99%+ of commentators. Even if they put me on ignore, they can't pretend to themselves that the arguments they're ignoring have no merit. They feel the need to "win" but unfortunately I'm the better player. Whoops.

The fact I posted off-topic is merely how they manipulated the procedure to get what they wanted. If I wasn't posting off-topic, they would have manipulated some other procedure.
Naturally, UR is full of leftists, e.g. Anglin. They don't have principles, they have advertising or donor revenue.

The real question is who else is being censored. Perhaps the comment section is trash precisely because everyone who isn't batshit insane has already been driven off - but of course their censorship is silent. You don't even get a "this tweeter was banned" tombstone.

Alrenous said...

That or the fact I noticed Anglin is a Jew, Unz is a leftist, and Unz is allowing Anglin on his site because Anglin is a Jewish leftist. Might as well apply to work for the KGB's Stalinist demoralization campaign - not a joke, though it is funny.