Thursday, October 19, 2023

Solution: Ancestor Worship

 Your ancestors have some reason to care about you. A genuine higher power has no reason to care about you. You would have better luck worshipping a pop star. If you worship a random higher power you're just as much of a creepy stalker as someone worshipping a pop star, but... Raise a temple to Billie Eilish, because she can at least farm publicity by answering your prayers. Assuming a higher power even notices you, then you rank as a gnat or an ant. A nuisance.

 I get to be a real priest, as opposed to a mere shaman or druid, because a higher power has a family-like relationship to me. Amusingly I'm a genuine god-botherer, but I get pestered just as much back. "If you hear them you're crazy." Maybe for some of you. You think Earthly inequality is bad? If only you knew...

 Why is proselytizing a sin? The power is not your ancestor. And if they are, you can and should introduce yourself; it's none of my business. In other words if my granny is nice to me it doesn't mean I should let you try to annoy her into giving you free stuff.

 

 Of course Englishmen et al can't worship their ancestors either, because they all hate their families and are hated right back. 


 I suppose, if Descartes and I are right, there is a higher power who is ancestral to everyone. However, you can't contact them from here. If you don't already have strong contact with a higher power, there's nobody who can serve as a courier. Deistic worship is a waste of time, so...

No comments: