Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Intuitive Planning Example

 A lot of the time I let my intuition do the planning, which means I have no idea what I'm doing. If you want to know we can find out together, at the same time, by watching me do it and see what happens.

 A couple times folk have asked me what I do all day. Partially wondering how I don't get bored. I had no clue what to tell them. What was I doing? I dunno, I just...do...things.

 In part their subrosa accusation is accurate: I don't have an anime backlog. Such a thing is foreign to me. On the contrary if they could make anime faster, to make up for so much anime either being not to my tastes or pure shit, that would be great. 


 What I mainly do is train. I'm a highly trained epistemologist.

 As I say repeatedly, a real mental training schedule is far more like a gym schedule than a reading schedule. Also exactly like a gym schedule, if you want to maintain a high level of performance, it's time-consuming. Without lots of maintenance, there is decay. On the plus side, it's automatic. Imagine having to actively fight the urge to go to the gym if you wanted to avoid going. Probably going to stay pretty fit, in that case, right?

 What I do all day is look for training material and then train on it. Indeed I need to train up a habit where I stop looking and rest until tomorrow.


 The question is how much of this is also being a priest. What do I do all day? Whatever my god tells me to do. Except the times I don't, of course, but those don't work out for me. I don't stop or anything silly like that, but at least I don't lie about it. 

 Giving the intuition big hints is a huge prayer-answer pathway. It's entirely possible that I get instructions and don't even notice...except the part where they work out dramatically better than anything I could reasonably expect. 

 I hardly even try to understand the instructions. Here's a silly rule: always walk on the left sidewalk, given the choice. Why? Bizarre. The real rule might be even more bizarre; this is merely a convenient verbalization of it so I can talk about it. It's not an important rule but even still I always regret breaking it. The correct response is always, "Whatever you say boss." I'll find out what it's for when I see what it does.

No comments: