Sunday, July 24, 2022

Why Was Stuff 24/7 in the First Place?

I know a town with an official population under 10,000 that had a 24/7 grocery store. It was neat while I was living there...exactly because I was 100% guaranteed not to meet anyone at the store while I was shopping. Obviously they weren't making any money during the night hours I preferred.

Most places have reduced their hours, citing ncov, and obviously in fact because they don't like negative profit margins.


I can't explain why it didn't already happen though. Sure, maybe someone would foolishly try some 24/7, find it's bad, and then stop. Why didn't anyone stop? Why did it keep spreading? 


I assume it's some government shenanigans. It usually is. However, 'usually' isn't 'always,' and I'm interested in the details.

No comments: