Friday, April 9, 2021

Anticommunism vs. Neocameralism

Perhaps to explain what's wrong with Curtis Yarvin I need only link some genuine anti-communists.

https://spencerfernando.com/2019/01/03/i-survived-communism-are-you-ready-for-your-turn/

http://www.libertarian.co.uk/lapubs/persp/persp019.htm

http://izrailit.blogspot.com/2009/11/wall.html

As with George Orwell, you can feel their horror. They believe in communism the way you believe in rocks. Yarvin doesn't.

Having read a true anti-communist, it becomes obvious, even if you can't put it into words. Yarvin doesn't oppose communism. He merely thinks the communists should maybe not go full retard. Even then, the objection seems to be mainly aesthetic. Communist propaganda is so lowbrow. Gauche. It's fine to be a totalitarian terror state, but at least sound smart about it. Right? Right.

Then I re-read some Last Psychiatrist and was able to put it into words.
There are exactly two kinds of articles. Articles about objects and events, and articles about who you should be hating.
You shouldn't hate communists, exactly. You don't spent a lot of time hating crack dealers; you put them in prison. Likewise the point isn't to hate communism. Hating a communist is a) letting them live rent-free in your head and b) not a moment spent removing the communists from public life. Take out the trash. Don't call the trash mean names because you're insecure about yourself relative to trash.

"Did you see that wicked pwn bro?" Yes, the left can't meme, but that's because they don't need to. America is already a giant trash heap guarded by sharks with lasers on their heads. The Augean stables are jealous, and this time around Heracles is shovelling trash in, rather than out. Whenever you read Yarvin, you have to be wise to his tricks. He's very clever about sneaking in essentially pro-communist bits of mindset. If you can't take out the trash because there's too much of it, quit hanging around the dump. 


You will discover that America is no more the land of the free nor home of the brave than Russia was (or is), but communism in America will be different. Like Yarvin, it will be clever. It probably won't be as bad. The Anglo is unparalleled at deploying the unprincipled exception. Everything is fully partisan; the stores won't be allowed to run out of toilet paper, because blue mafia dons also buy toilet paper at the store. Soviets could smuggle things from America. America has nowhere to smuggle from, and it will be necessary to actually have things. Exceptions will be deployed. America, like a good Anglo culture, has deep expertise in mental gymnastics. Though probably the toilet paper will turn brown and coarse and they'll start having to lie flagrantly about life in China, instead of merely portraying rare events as common.

Though, on the topic of material goods, remember that American culture can't successfully compete against what the Amish offer. The Amish reliably do not convert, even though it's traditional to let Amish youths go out into America and experience it. Soviet Russia << America << Amishdom. I can't help but imagine combining the best of America and the best of the Amish. It's not even hard, physically speaking.

As an aside, Stalin remains landslide-level popular in Russia. While communism does well inoculate the peasants against communism, it seems this only lasts maybe two generations. Evo psych suggests it is normal for the peasant to have a terminal case of egalitarianism, which can be offset only with severe violence. I hope I surprise no one by describing Yarvin as an effete cosmopolitan, whereas by contrast many Poles and Czechs know there something worth dying for. Living in a communist horror state is worse than death; unfortunately, the peasants never realize this before it's far too late.

Likewise, while in China you can be capitalist, being anti-Mao is still taboo. Luckily for China, the CCP knows to deploy Chinese conformism against the Chinese. Their authoritarianism means only those at the top (who can learn things using words instead of their bodies) need to know how bad communism is, instead of everyone having to know.

CCP unilaterally anti-communism-ing Chinese peasants really really pisses off the State department, and it's hard not to be at least a little fond of anyone with such correct enemies. Further, the latter-day impotence of Langley and Foggy Bottom can be seen when they allow CCP to buy off Slow Joe et al. Yeah they want you dead, sure, but you don't have anything to worry about individually. They can't even keep their mock President in line. 

7 comments:

Parisian said...

I can't help but imagine combining the best of America and the best of the Amish.

You say the most beautiful things sometimes.

It's not even hard, physically speaking.

No, not if it starred you and the young Angie Dickinson. You'd be rockhard, but she'd be more than ready for it, her refinement of such technique having been what made her such a great *FEMININE* actress. You'd have to tolerate glamour, of course. French glamour, Benjamin...

BSRK Aditya said...

Found a village/town and just ban all large corporations from entering.

University? Grab a few textbooks, and make a local vocational training center.

Parisian said...

I don't know how accurate what I read was, but we 'English' don't use the word 'culture' the way Amish do, that's clear. When Nick had the blog, I read a number of the related blogs, Dampier, etc., some talked about the "unprincipled exception". I remember some talk about the Amish, but I was only aware of those idealizing certain aspects of the Amish, you are the first Amish I've run into; at first, I thought you'd "become Amish", and maybe you have if you went to public school 14 years, and what I just saw was that education beyond the 8th grade is discouraged, and little of history and science is taught. What I've read today makes it seem likely that what is meant by 'Amish culture' is the way of life itself, in which the beliefs go into every aspect of life--that there are very few Amish converts, but some live "Plain lives" even if they don't eventually join the church.

What you meant by Amishdom being >> American culture (and I suppose European non-Amish/Anabaptist Culture) is not what I or other Americans or Europeans would see. Nor would we agree on what is "best about American culture", of course. Hence, my focus on you as individual, and therefore your ASD more than the "techno-Amish". I had thought that was something you came to, rather than were born in. It probably doesn't matter now that just knowing it could be either one lessens the confusion.

Lots of surprising details. I'd never given any thought to the Amish myself, and had known one Mennonite, who left it so thoroughly I don't even need to be specific and now lives in Dusseldorf; from his father's obit, I see all but one of the siblings also moved away from Lansdale, but within the US or Canada (I gather Mennonites are not quite the same as Amish in their tendencies to stay within community, especially 'Old Order' Amish.) There was one questioner who said "Can English become Amish", ans was answered "As part of your research, visit an Amish community". I'm well aware that tourism of "Amish country" is popular if the Amish "are not made to feel like they're a zoo". But surely that's what most of the tourists go for but know to try not to show it. I'd think most vacations taken are not for observing the inhabitants so overtly (I don't know of anyone going to Lancaster, PA, or the Ohio communities because of special natural beauty--and that part of PA is an area I know well. It's not particularly distinguished that way, and I remember always trying to make it so, since I had to go every 2 weeks.)

A fairly informative page said that all Amish artists are self-taught, never professionally. It didn't mention music, but other sites did talk about the hymns that have to be mastered and that, although some learn to play harmonic and accordion, these are never played in public.

Another said of English/Amish friendships: "No, the English and Amish can't be the typical friends. Don't expect to hang out for no reason other than spend time with each other. They don't do that with the English, but you can have a useful relationship."

Parisian said...

Even if some of the sources were not precise, they surely explain a lot. To think that I would think of some image of an Amish with a Hollywood star just 2 days ago...but I have probably misinterpreted a lot of things you've said because they come from this Amish centre that I haven't any relationship too, other than my growing up in a small town and on my grandfather's farm. I read about some Amish who try to leave for good, and are finally disowned by their families. My family was possessive that way, but not nearly to the degree the Amish are. They came to New York, etc., and even accept personal aspects of me that even you don't. Maybe any of the nomenclatures you use apply not only to me as a result of what I'm identified with, but them as well. The ties I have left with that life, left so many years ago, are only with my immediate family that remains. There were seeming friends till 2012, and even that has by now disappeared, but that's been by my choice.

I probably also got confused when, 3 years ago, you wrote that I was the person "most interested in your work", which could be true, or could have been true. I brought up the music and you'd comment on what links I sent you at first, but the recent ones--never. I said things and you didn't respond to them. But what would I try to do, even if you see me as contemptible like most others? I just wouldn't talk about things like movies or ballet again. If you think "all TV is bad", that would be because of giving up the television like all Amish (the sources said), not my saying "almost all TV is bad", which would be based on content but not the medium itself--even within that the medium is not always the message, especially when it includes movies as does the computer, but which must also be considered "all bad" since they operate much as does TV and they definitely intersect a lot, even if broadcasting or streaming the original theatrical releases were the only way. Even Nick likes movies, but he's not Amish, rather some residual kind of Presbyterian with half-Jewish children. As for "effete cosmopolitan", as you say of Moldbug, I am nothing if not far more so than he is, so that it's probably the very old ruralism that I no longer value so much or the fact that you may feel the need to "exit" and "divorce" from all us "Fascists" within the "Regime", and that I am centrist enough not to seem anything but a little dangerous, if any. There were a lot of other things, but I could not quite realize the centrality of your actual Amishdom. Of course, you don't tolerate glamour. Someone I corresponded with at some length said that the omission of glamour from China would make it especially unappealing to me; but you also talked about the Han as being "dead inside". You probably read what Peter Thiel said the other day, with China as "weirdly autistic" and "profoundly uncharismatic". I don't know about the autistic, but I am sure I find the Chinese as profoundly uncharismatic as he does. It's good to have friends in high places...and then, your telling me you had "great tolerance for trash" and "I read tons of fiction". It's true that book trash and TV/movie trash don't have exactly the same economic configurations for their opening, but most would just see trash (or not) across the board, not what the medium was.

Parisian said...

So the fellow who's recently started posting, above and under another post, is closer to the "best in American culture" that would be like "Amish culture". I didn't know it was quite this distant, and although I saw something like "You can change your life at any point" and you wrote something a few months before about how "it doesn't matter if you ruined your life, the point is to do it differently now" (I'm sure that's not exactly the quote.)

I'm just interested in getting better and better at what I already am about, everybody's life is ruined for merely having it since it is not yours any more at some point, whether childless or not. Erebus explained that very well at Nick's some 6 years ago. But having a family does, of course, mean so much time and investment that it seems you'll still exist through your children--which you will, but you won't know anything about it except before you die.

So the fellow who's recently started posting, above and under another post, is closer to the "best in American culture" that would be like "Amish culture". I didn't know it was quite this distant, and although I saw something like "You can change your life at any point" and you wrote something a few months before about how "it doesn't matter if you ruined your life, the point is to do it differently now" (I'm sure that's not exactly the quote.)

I'm just interested in getting better and better at what I already am about, everybody's life is ruined for merely having it since it is not yours any more at some point, whether childless or not. Erebus explained that very well at Nick's some 6 years ago. But having a family does, of course, mean so much time and investment that it seems you'll still exist through your children--which you will, but you won't know anything about it except before you die.

Alrenous said...

Being Amish is worth about a billion dollars.

I sound like a child using the biggest number they know. "Wow, that's worth like a *raises arms* billllllion dollars!"

Nope, just accounting.

https://www.bakadesuyo.com/2012/04/if-you-want-to-be-happier-should-you-be-a-bil/

Parisian said...

You're such a love. I'm glad I know about this, and it makes knowing you so much more enjoyable and so much easier. So that I don't imagine so many things that aren't there. I'll always be delighted to have gotten to know an Amish fellow somewhat. I had thought all the talk of the Amish in the old NRx circles was about emulating them in certain ways, and here I found the one real Amish. Well, even though "an English", I tend to definitely like the *Real Thing*--in everything. And it makes the times of misunderstanding make sense, looking back. I do think my own minimizing and simplifying, while not resembling Amishdom much, made me know to keep looking and probing expertly (as I usually have for the most important things), and your tolerance for someone whose life goes against so many tenets of Amishdom is equally laudable. In several sense, you haven't lost individuality, though, have you? I know that is not emphasized in Amishdom, but it isn't in a lot of other groups, large or small, either--admittedly, 99% of my knowledge of the Amish is as of yesterday. .