Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Question-Asking Practice

 A species of revenge is sour: I can't think of any questions to socially ask to which I don't already know the answer, except questions for which nobody knows the answer thus can't be answered. If I want to ask questions, the strategy is to pray or to do experiments (which is prayer). 

 This dissatsifies me. I would like to practice asking questions. I would like to prepare to meet someone who knows useful things I don't know. I very much don't want to get into the habit of never asking anyone questions.

 Not to mention: what if social interaction good. What if profit.

 I suppose I could do the socratic thing. Adjacent enough. Probably. Have to pretend to be friendly, but that's not terribly expensive. 

 Still, it would certainly be vastly superior to ask questions which I don't know the answer to, and receive a useful answer. Thus, I will continue to search for such questions, despite the tens of thousands of failed attempts I've racked up so far.

No comments: