Sunday, May 20, 2012

Juxtaposition

I'd rather do the Twitter juxtapositions on Twitter, but I don't think I can, and all suggestions are appreciated.
More volunteers to investigate disagreement also desired.


Economists' predictions record.

Vs,

All Economists Agree On.
Commentary at the places I got it from, Aretae and Blunt Object.

My bet is you agree with both, which makes for an interesting puzzle.
I'd prefer to keep it balanced, but this is recent and possibly relevant.

""It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it" ~ Upton Sinclair"




Nydracu:
"The main problem with the right these days is that it tries too hard to flip everyone else off and just ends up looking dumb."

Therefore, me:
"I suppose since I'm acknowledging the existing of Tea Partiers, I should flip off OWS too. Pathetic me-too copy of something that sucked."




Also a non-dilemma, mainly interesting due to where these articles were published.

1. "People Aren't Smart Enough for Democracy to Flourish, Scientists Say"

2. "Politico says it, out loud: voters are stupid people: http://politi.co/zFoGZa"

3. "The obvious starts to creep into the mainstream... http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/18/opinion/the-age-of-innocence.html"

1 comment:

Aretae said...

Vs. IQ (proxied by Income) being a pretty good proxy for likelihood to vote...